Re: Help, the template debian/rules is too simple

On Monday 02 November 2009 06:25:01 waixy zhou wrote:
> I use dh_make to generate the template of
> "debian/" directory, then i find the file *debian/rules* is too simple,
> just 3 lines left after eliminating the comments, as follows:
>           #! /usr/bin/make -f
>           %:
>                       dh   $@

dh is so awesome now, that's all a lot of programs need.  I'm serious.

> This is very different from the ***Debian New Maintainers' Guide**. *This
> is my first time to do package, so I am confused.

[...]

> I do not want the cross-complie tools such as gcc/gdb mix up with my
> host-complie tools. So I want to assign at least these complie options:
> --prefix and --target. How can I do that?

The wildcard is only used for targets without explicit commands.  If you need
to do something unusual in a target you could always simply append your
version of the target to the makefile.

I'm betting there's a document on the new dh features somewhere, but I don't
know a link handy.  Have you checked the dh-* manpages from Sid?

Finally, you might get better help on packaging issues (i.e. making your own
packages) on the debian-mentors mailing list.