Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 04:21:40AM EDT, Terence wrote:
> 2009/10/13 Dave Sherohman <dave@sherohman.org>:

> > The position I was trying to explain in my earlier message was that,
> > even though 99% of replies to mailing list messages are intended to
> > go to the list, directing an intended-private message to the list
> > causes over 100 times more harm than a message intended for the list
> > being inadvertently made private.  The Debian list policy is,
> > therefore, reasonable, because it minimizes the overall total harm
> > caused by misdirected messages.
> >
> <cut>
> >

> Well said. I think that about covers it.

+1

I have personally experienced the embarrassment of such situations on a
couple of occasions, and counted my blessings that there was nothing
sensitive in these messages.

Pity there's no equivalent of the Acid3 test to rate the conformance
of MUA's - might encourage their authors to fix the _real_ problem.

Quite frankly, considering that email is potentially a dangerous
activity, I would not feel comfortable entrusting my public or private
correpondance on a daily basis to software that's unable to implement
such basic functionality as 'reply-to-list'.

CJ