Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Dave Sherohman <dave@sherohman.org> wrote:
> Granted, for most lists, the substantial majority of replies are
> intended to go to the list, but the greater degree of harm caused by
> inadvertently publicizing private information is, I believe, large
> enough that the average harm-per-reply (i.e., expected harm from a
> mis-send times the odds of a mis-send) is still lower without setting
> reply-to.
>
> I'm not a list admin here, but that seems to me like a pretty good
> reason for the current policy.

Still see no reason not to have Debian Mailing List in 'Reply-To'
field. People who subscribed to public mailing list undoubtedly almost
in 100% cases want to reply to that mailing list, not to the original
authors. Is that not reasonable? By the way, a "standard" which
lurking around here, does not restrict that.

I think the main reason here is what the list owners see and want the
list this way. I am absolutely OK with that but please, do not cover a
typical geek behavior with a "standard" or something.

IMHO a short notice about all this mailing policy in subscribers note
will be fine. If there will be an instruction how to set up popular
web clients (like GMail) it will be excellent.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein