Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

John Hasler wrote:
> Mark Goldshtein writes:
>> Looks like I am really sorry what Debian Mailing List works this way.
>
> The mailing list merely sends each subscriber one copy of each message
> it receives.  That's all.  It has nothing to do with cc's and it never
> sends more than one copy to each subscriber.  You are sending your
> messages to JoeHill and cc'ing the list.  Here is the relevant part of
> the header:

> Subject: Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?
> From: Mark Goldshtein <mark.goldshtein@gmail.com>
> To: JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> Why are you doing this?

i have the same problem,

this list sets the "reply to" to the original sender of the message
instead of the list itself.
this is the only list i know that acts this way, i think i saw a thread
on this or another debian list on this as well recently.

i always need to remove the TO and change the CC into TO, not sure if it
works the same on all mail clients but i use Thunderbird.

it might be more productive to send a polite request to change this
default behavior to the list maintainer instead of some other remarks
made in this thread.