Re: Suggestions for desktop manager: [was Re: Fast booting for a Debian system - and suggestions for said system]

Kevin Ross wrote:
<snipped>
> If you want auto-login, and fast startup with minimal dependencies, then
> skip the display manager, change your getty to rungetty and configure it to
> autologin, and add startx to your ~/.bash_profile.  Then of course you put
> whatever window manager you want into ~/.xinitrc.

i did this back when i ran Fluxbox and it worked great.

another option would be 'SLiM' for your login manager.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/