Re: Kernel 31

Alex Samad:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 07:08:15PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> I am running 2.6.31 since at least -rc4 and have no problems. I just
>> don't like the changes regarding the rfkill framework. On my Thinkpad
>> X200, Fn-F5 switched on/off bluetooth only and the switch on the side
>> switched wifi. Now, Fn-F5 switches off Bluetooth as well as wifi, so I
>> have no easy way to switch off Bluetooth only.
>
> why not
> echo 0|1> /sys/module/rfkill/... to turn off just the blue tooth ?

That doesn't exactly count as "easy" in my eyes. The previous behaviour
was better for me.

I just intsalled the rfkill utility from

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/rfkill

and that's already better. But what I really want is to have Bluetooth
disabled by default and the ability to switch it on by pressing Fn-F5.

J.
--
I lust after strangers but only date people from the office.
[Agree]   [Disagree]