Re: Kernel 31

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 07:08:15PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Mark Allums:
> >
> > Anyone with experience with 2.6.31 yet?  Anything we need to know?
>
> I am running 2.6.31 since at least -rc4 and have no problems. I just
> don't like the changes regarding the rfkill framework. On my Thinkpad
> X200, Fn-F5 switched on/off bluetooth only and the switch on the side
> switched wifi. Now, Fn-F5 switches off Bluetooth as well as wifi, so I
> have no easy way to switch off Bluetooth only.

why not
echo 0|1> /sys/module/rfkill/... to turn off just the blue tooth ?

i do this on my hp mini 5100 to turn the gprs modem on and off - same as
using the button in windows - and I notice there was a place for blue
tooth and wireless !

--
"...Iraq did not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there."

	- George W. Bush
10/07/2004
Washington, DC
at a White House Press Conference