Re: why can't i use grub with an ext3 /boot partition?

On Sunday 13 September 2009 03:33:50 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   possibly related to an earlier post that discussed grub but, when
> installing lenny, if i choose to create a separate, primary partition
> for /boot (a long-time habit), if i select ext3 for that partition, i
> am not offered the chance to use grub as a bootloader.
>
>   as best i can tell, that /boot partition must be both:

  I conjecture that you are doing Something Else wrong.

  I have many machines that have ext3 /boot partitions, including
several that were set up initially as lenny machines.  I also have
this habit, and I generally intend to use ext2, but sometimes
I forget to switch it from the installer's filesystem default,
which is ext3.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net