Re: Cannot Login - Access Found!

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:59:39 -0500

> > The machine has been hacked by someone using a Romanian IP address
> > and has been taken offline while I continue to investigate.  Then
> > I'll do a new install and rebuild.
>
> How'd he get in?

I found it!  He got in through a vulnerability in Zen Cart.

I found in /var/log/auth.log where he'd changed the passwords of root
and myself and confirmed it in syslog.  Then I found
in /root/.bash_history where he'd downloaded some scripts to the
server, then started going through logs.  Finally I was digging
through apache logs and found him.  Then I googled for a
vulnerability in Zen Cart and found this:
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/35467/info

--
Raquel
Power without love is reckless and abusive and love without power is

  --Martin Luther King,. Jr.