Re: Cannot Login

Raquel ha scritto:
> I have an odd problem that's developed, and have spent all afternoon
> trying to figure out what's going on. My web server (running Lenny) is
> running and serving pages. However, I cannot login to the server via
> SSH or at the console, which means that I cannot apply updates, change
> configuration, or even get in to figure out what's going on.
>
> Any ideas on what happened or on how to get in?  I have access to the
> physical machine.

Hello,
an idea about what happened is possible only after ahing checked your
server logs... and to do that you have to enter your machine... ;-)
If you have access to physical machine that is very simple: reboot, at
the grub list select the line of the kernel you usually use and press
"e" (edit); at the end of the line in which kernel is written, type:
init=/bin/bash; then hit enter and "b" (boot). You will prompt with a
root shell and from there you have administrative rights to check your
logs, to change users passwords and so on.

Paolo