Re: Cannot Login

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:52:29 +0200
Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Raquel wrote:
>

> > I'm still getting the errors about not being able to load the
> > ssh_host_key.
> >
> > That's where I am and that's what I'm now working on.
> >

> did you install upgrades?
>
> I think the v1 protocol has been disabled recently so may be
> editing the sshd_config file or finding out why it does not load
> the key file!
>
> you can actually recreate the keyfile if in hurry
>
> regards

The machine has been updated daily, if an upgrade was available.
I've been using v2 since it became available.  I'm the only person,
except for my spouse, who has physical access to the machine.  No
root logins allowed and only one user allowed to login with a key.  I
have a firewall and use fail2ban.

The machine has been hacked by someone using a Romanian IP address
and has been taken offline while I continue to investigate.  Then
I'll do a new install and rebuild.

--
Raquel
Power without love is reckless and abusive and love without power is

  --Martin Luther King,. Jr.