Re: Mutt [Was: Iceweasel 3.5]

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:38:31 -0500, Nate Bargmann in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> * S. Fishpaste <SDA@Deer-in-the-headlights.ca.invalid> [2009 Aug 13 11:13 -0500]:
>
>> Then when I ran into further questions, mutt-users@mutt.org was always
>> helpful. Once I got used to mutt; I found it hard to adjust to any other
>> e-mail client. The power and flexibility is intoxicating. 8-D
>
> That and the maddening idea in all of the Mozilla mailers and Kamil as
> well that I have to display a message to delete it drove me largely
> away from them.  My Mutt UI is set up so I can see the previous five or
> so messages above the one I'm reading.  When I hit q the entire frame
> is the mailbox I'm browsing.  Being able to wipe out entire threads
> with Ctl-D is the only way to keep one's sanity with busy mailing lists
> such as this one and Mythtv users.

Yeah I have the preview pane set up similarly. You're quite right about
being able to delete threads or mark them read, as being sweet.

The threading is what's the "bees knees" for me.

At present I'm torn between using vim or jed as my editor. I've used vim
since I got into Linux, in the latter part of the ninties. But, since I use
slrn for nntp, I thought I'd try out JED -- Just to be loyal initally to Jim
E Davis whom is the developer of both slrn, slang and JED. I found out I
actually liked JEDs simplicity, (to my surprise) so now I'm using JED in
slrn and vim in mutt. LOL

Cheers,
Steve
Toronto