Re: Iceweasel 3.5

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:49:07 -0400, Charlie Kroeger in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>> Well I was primarily wanting to stay with stable as this is an older laptop
>
> Hummm..well you could try Opera. They have a lighter faster up-to-scratch browser.

LOL Geez browser choice is almost religous with some people. 8-D

<snip Opera source list>

> Can't hurt. If you're like me and don't use a desktop environment you can go
> fly weight with opera for mail and newsgroups that comes included.
>
> Opera isn't as manifold as iceweasel say, you wouldn't want to use it with tor
> for instance, as they don't do SOCKS but it doesn't bring a lot of baggage.

I've never been a fan of Opera. I dunno what it is, but over the years I just
couldn't get to like it or become comfortable with it -- Maybe it's the
interface. I guess it's just one of those things. <shrug>

For e-mail; mutt is my preferred MUA.