Re: Iceweasel 3.5

> Well I was primarily wanting to stay with stable as this is an older laptop

Hummm..well you could try Opera. They have a lighter faster up-to-scratch browser.

Put this in your sources.list:

deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ sid non-free

#apt-get update

#apt-get install opera

Can't hurt. If you're like me and don't use a desktop environment you can go
fly weight with opera for mail and newsgroups that comes included.

Opera isn't as manifold as iceweasel say, you wouldn't want to use it with tor
for instance, as they don't do SOCKS but it doesn't bring a lot of baggage.

I don't recall any recent upgrades so I guess you could say it was in the
stable camp but that deb source is sid and whatever they offer will be their
going beta version.

If you like to see it a lot run this:

#update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

select it from the list to make it the 'default' browser for your Debian laptop.

--
CK