Re: Iceweasel 3.5

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:52:27 -0400, Charlie Kroeger in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>> So how does one use the latest version of this web browser on Stable ?
>

> You could put these sources in your /etc/apt/sources.list and do an #apt-get
> update
>
> deb http://ftp.tiscali.nl/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
>
> If you have a GUI type package manager like smartpm it will show a list of all
> the available versions of Ice Weasel after the update. If not that then
>
> #apt-cache showpkg <package> will give a lot of verbose information regarding
> versions dependencies and anything with the word iceweasel in it including the
> versions in your package cache
>
> As a last resort if you have problems with the dependencies running lenny you
> can always go to /etc/apt/apt.conf and put in the line:
>
> APT::Default-Release "sid";

Well I was primarily wanting to stay with stable as this is an older laptop
and other than wanting an uptodate browser *always* I'd prefer to use
backports. Wonder why either backports or volatile don't carry the latest
versions of Iceweasel|Firefox. I thought that was the purpose of those 2
sources.

> Walk on the wild side.

LOL I've done that enough.

> After the upgrade you will have iceweasel 3.5.1-1

Right. Thanks for the input. 8-D