Re: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 10:31:51AM -0500, Michael Ekstrand wrote:

>  * The Debian user community has a high population of jerks, don't
> ask them for help.

> Yes, typical disclaimers are nonsensical on public lists.  BUT, taking
> the poster to task so aggressively and for so long when it is likely
> entirely outside his or her control is entirely inappropriate.

It is entirely inappropriate to post the disclaimer on the list. It is
also entirely inappropriate for the poster not to say anything to that
and not even to say "thanks for your answers". He or she also didn't
respond to a mail I sent her/him with some answer and a suggestion to
remove the disclaimer.

And yes, there are too many jerks on this list.