Re: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-07-24 17:01, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest one of the dozen free e-mail services around.
>>

> You've never worked in a security-conscious bureaucracy, have you?

Not really, but I can nevertheless imagine that even a
not-so-security-conscious bureaucracy would want to block Gmail, Yahoo
and the likes.

I can also imagine that if a security-conscious bureaucracy does not
want its employees to access external e-mail services, it will also not
want those employees to use their corporate e-mails to post in mailing
lists that are unrelated to the work in question. (Unless his job
happens to be a Debian system administrator, in which case it posting to
debian-user hardly qualifies as something not work-related.)

--
YOW!!  The land of the rising SONY!!

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br