Re: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:25:02PM +1000, Gibson, Jodie MRS wrote:
> UNCLASSIFIED

??

> Do you have a dedicated 'group' page (similar to yahoo groups) where
> people can post/read messages, or is it done totally through an e-mail
> list?

Debian-user is a mailing list. I don't know what a "group page" is,
but there are mailing list archives.

> IF through email, is there a 'daily digest' option where I can
> receive only one email a day (containing all the day's posts)? Or do I
> have to unsubscribe if I am going to be away for even a few days so my
> inbox doesn't get clogged with list emails?

You can receive postings from this list as digests.

What exactly do you mean by "inbox [...] get[s] clogged"? Don't you
use email filtering to automatically move or have delivered list
messages into another folder or so? If you don't, your inbox could get
clogged with digests; if you have a tight limit on how much storage
space you can use, receiving digests instead of mail would help only
as much as the digests might take up less space than the mails do
(because you eventually don't get so many mail headers). If a storage
limit isn't the problem but if you have a limit on the number of
emails you can have, digests might help.

Other than that, you could unsubscribe and later catch up by reading
the archives.

> IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
> Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the
> Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are
> requested to contact the sender and delete the email.

You should really remove this part rather than continue to post it
here. It's ridiculous, impertinent and not at all important.