Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 04:57:44PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:39:16 +1000
> Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> > isn't this because it writes out HAL efi files ?
> > /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi
>
> Not sure what you mean; I currently have xfce's automounting enabled,
> and that file you mention is virtually empty (it contains a couple of
> commented out examples, and not much else.
I also have the xfce4 automount options off and it looks to me like it
has set them in this file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<!--
  Some examples how to use hal fdi files for system preferences
  You can either uncomment the examples here or put them in a seperate
.fdi
  file.
-->
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<!--
  The following shows how to hint gnome-volume-manager and other
programs
  that honor the storage.automount_enabled_hint to not mount
non-removable
  media.
-->
<!--
  <device>
    <match key="storage.hotpluggable" bool="false">
      <match key="storage.removable" bool="false">
        <merge key="storage.automount_enabled_hint"
type="bool">false</merge>
      </match>
    </match>
  </device>
-->
</deviceinfo>

What I was trying to suggest is that you were using hal even though you
thought you were not.

--
"It is time to set aside the old partisan bickering and finger-pointing and name-calling that comes from freeing parents to make different choices for their children."

	- George W. Bush
04/12/2001
on parental empowerment in education