Re: boot failure "mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed: no such device"

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 12:04:12PM -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:18, Raphael
> Bossek<raphael.bossek@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > My problem is "Resourse or device busy" at this moment within the initrd
> > environment afer hparm -z reloaded the partitiontable and udev created the
> > device node.

That sounds like a hardware problem to me: Cables, or the disk itself.

> There are several messages regarding ata1, scsi, and sd, that seem to
> indicate that the disks are seen at some level, but that is all I can say.

It might help to know what messages you are getting. Maybe they are
trying to tell you what the problem is.

Are you sure that you have all the modules available that are needed
to access/use the disks on your hardware? It clearly says that the
device that should be mounted doesn't exist, and that indicates that a
required module could be unavailable.