Re: boot failure "mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed: no such device"

2009/7/7 Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt>:
>> Nothing has worked, any further ideas are welcome.
>
> I had this issue after upgrading from 2.6.29-1-amd64 to
> 2.6.29-2-amd64, all i did was reboot using the -1-. Upgraded again and
> now i'm using 2.6.30-1-amd64 since the previous is also failing. If
> it's the same problem it's not HD-related.

I didn't really think it was HD-related, as sda1 mounts fine
on a LiveCD, and fsck.ext4 finds no problems.

As for the kernel version, I have tried 2.6.30-1-amd64,
and I get the same result. It is really baffling to me.

Is there a way to get a shell inside the initramfs, to
look around?

Thanks,
Kelly Clowers