Re: boot failure "mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed: no such device"

Hi,

I'm a little bit happy reading this because my Debian system fails form one day to another (after an upgrade of the linux kernel 2.6.26-2-686). I've started a discussion about my broblem already without any solution.
It would be interesting for me to know if you partitions are deteced stering the driver. Please grep dmsg for your device node and check if they are within /proc/partitions too. If not, try to call hdparm -z /dev/what-ever-your-device-ist to force the kernel to reload the partition table.
To be able to start hdparm you have to copy the app from somewhere else because it's not part of initrd environment. I used an external USB HD witch is detected by udev seamless.

My next try will be to go back to an older linux version and udev. Maybe udev is also an problem.

My problem is "Resourse or device busy" at this moment within the initrd environment afer hparm -z reloaded the partitiontable and udev created the device node.

Regards,
Raphael