Re: boot failure "mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed: no such device"

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:26, Kelly Clowers<kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/7 Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt>:
>>> Nothing has worked, any further ideas are welcome.
>>
>> I had this issue after upgrading from 2.6.29-1-amd64 to
>> 2.6.29-2-amd64, all i did was reboot using the -1-. Upgraded again and
>> now i'm using 2.6.30-1-amd64 since the previous is also failing. If
>> it's the same problem it's not HD-related.
>
> I didn't really think it was HD-related, as sda1 mounts fine
> on a LiveCD, and fsck.ext4 finds no problems.
>
> As for the kernel version, I have tried 2.6.30-1-amd64,
> and I get the same result. It is really baffling to me.
>
> Is there a way to get a shell inside the initramfs, to
> look around?

Anyone have any other ideas about this? Because I don't
have any new ideas. Nothing I have tried works and I am
completely stumped. I just tried the most recent kernel
update, etc. and the result was the same.

Thanks,
Kelly Clowers