Re: mdadm on lenny64, why two spares?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:25 +0200, "martin f krafft" <madduck@debian.org>
wrote:
> also sprach Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net>
> [2009.06.10.0030 +0200]:
> > It was in auto-read-only (not quite the same).  Auto-read-only is set
> > automatically by mdadm for array that is started without all of it's
> > devices.
>
> Not true: it's set for all arrays until the first write.

So, if I understand correctly, in the Lenny version of mdadm
(I never experienced this building arrays with mdadm on Etch)
in order for the creation of an array to take place, one must
run "mdadm -w <arrayx>" immediately after running "mdadm
-C <arrayx> -n y -x z etcetc" otherwise the new array will just sit
there not syncing the component devices until the first write?

will
--

  whollygoat@letterboxes.org