Re: Replacing a Debian package with the original source package

On 09.06.09 19:53, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Thanks, but unfortunately I already removed the old Mplayer and freshly
> installed the new one on my laptop.
>
> But I have to replace Mplayer also on my sister's desktop machine.  So,
> can you please be more clear?  What precisely shall the `dch -v
> 1.0svn<date>-your.version.number' command be?

it should look like:

% cd <mplayer_dir
% dch -v 1.0svn<date>-your.version.number
% <edit debian/rules>
% fakeroot debian/rules binary

with replacing the <date> and your.version.number by date of the SVN origin
and your personal revision e.g. rodolfo0, rodolfo1 etc...

> And how should debian/rules be edited?

well, you don't really need to edit it but you may have to. I put things
like --enable-gui, --disable-tremor-internal, --enable-xvmc and other
./configure options there.

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.