Re: Replacing a Debian package with the original source package

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> writes:

> don't remove it. unpack the svn version, cd to the mplayer directory, do an
> % dch -v 1.0svn<date>-your.version.number
> edit debian/rules and run
>
> fakeroot debian/rules binary
>

> Yes, the MPlayer contains control files for debian...

Thanks, but unfortunately I already removed the old Mplayer and freshly
installed the new one on my laptop.

But I have to replace Mplayer also on my sister's desktop machine.  So, can you
please be more clear?  What precisely shall the `dch -v
1.0svn<date>-your.version.number' command be?  And how should debian/rules be
edited?

Thanks
Rodolfo