Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 02:21:38PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> lee wrote:
> > On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:44:49AM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> >> Have you tried reinstalling kdm with aptitude? Or purging it and then
> >> installing it again? Purging might recreate the config files.
> >
> > Yes, I tried that, but it didn't change anything.
> >
> > It's working now, but I don't like it ...
> >

> I am not sure I understand what you mean here. You don't like what? KDE
> working? kdm working? kdm itself?

KDE --- it doesn't work well with enlightenment, the kde window
manager is still missing one crucial feature (besides many others that
aren't that important); it's not even possible to define the few
hotkeys I need, and the menu of the panel is extremely annoying to use
because it's awfully fumbly. I couldn't find any setting to get the
scroll bars to the left, and the fonts used by konqueror menus seem to
have a size that cannot be changed.

It's not something I would use. Maybe it becomes useable in a few
years, but at that time, they might have a new version again ...