Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

In <[🔎] 20090527160338.GE5158@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
>On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:31:00AM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

>> >It is true, just a matter of fact.
>>
>> No, it is not.
>>
>> Your statement: KDE 4.2 doesn't work without the parts that want an
>> Akonadi server.
>
>I've never said that.

Your exact statement: "I'd be fine without them, if it would work without
--- but it doesn't."

In your statement "them" refers to "those parts of KDE" that "require a
connection to an Akonadi server".  Put more succinctly, "the parts that want
an Akonadi server".

In your statement "it" refers to "KDE 4.2", the version of KDE that entered
testing and is causing you problems.

Performing substitutions, your statement becomes: I'd be fine without the
parts that want an Akonadi server, if KDE 4.2 would work without --- but KDE
4.2 doesn't.

Focusing on the second independent clause gives: KDE 4.2 doesn't.

Doesn't what?  This part was elided from the second independent clause
because it was already in the first independent clause.  Adding it back
gives:  KDE 4.2 doesn't work without.

Without what?  This part was elided from the first independent clause
because it was already in the dependent clause.  Adding it back gives:  KDE
4.2 doesn't work without the parts that want an Akonadi server.

So, yes, you did say that.  You just didn't use those words, which is why
they weren't a quote.  (Notice the lack of quotation marks.)  Anyone reading
this message can follow the exact reasoning I used to get to that
conclusion, based on the facts in this message--the quoted text.  Please let
me know what, if any, problems exist in my reasoning.