Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:06:48AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> lee wrote:
> > Even if I wanted to run an RDBMS because it's needed for something I
> > want, I'd think at least twice about it and look for another solution
> > first to keep the resource usage low: There are some games I want to
> > play, and I don't want to have to try stopping things that are running
> > before I can play them smoothly.
>
> A database server that isn't doing anything doesn't use any resources.

It uses space on the hard disks and memory. It uses CPU time when it's
being started and when it's shut down. It eventually comes with
crontab entries that eventually run something. And how is figured out
if it needs to do something or if it can remain asleep?