Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

In <[🔎] 20090526144742.GD5158@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
>Even if I wanted to run an RDBMS because it's needed for something I
>want, I'd think at least twice about it and look for another solution
>first to keep the resource usage low: There are some games I want to
>play, and I don't want to have to try stopping things that are running
>before I can play them smoothly.

SQLite doesn't run a daemon at all.  While there is an binary that
functional as a simple "SQL Shell", all the real RDBMS work is handled by
the shared library.

Of course, there would still be the Akonadi server hanging around -- but it
should only wake up "on demand" when applications need services.