Re: mass conversion from ogg to mp3

Paul Johnson:
> ZephyrQ wrote:
>
>> I have a large number of music files (17 gig worth...yes, for all prying
>> eyes they are legal...) that I find I need to convert from .ogg to .mp3.
>>
>> Not that I want to...but between a teenager with an iphone and being
>> saddled with cell phone that won't play .ogg...well, you get the picture.
>
> Sounds like an early lesson in why you should use devices that support
> open formats.

What I find even more important: there is no real reason anymore to
store ripped CDs in lossy formats. You can save round about 300 CDs in
FLAC using only 1/10 of a current 100$ hard disk.

That way, you can always encode the files to any format you like (or
need) without introducing unnecessary loss of quality.

J.
--
I want to keep my skin looking good but I believe all computers do the
same job.