mass conversion from ogg to mp3

I have a large number of music files (17 gig worth...yes, for all prying eyes they are legal...) that I find I need to convert from .ogg to .mp3.

Not that I want to...but between a teenager with an iphone and being saddled with cell phone that won't play .ogg...well, you get the picture.

What is the best way to do this? I would prefer a CLI option that I can run in the background, but I want to save as much sound quality as I can with the transfer...