Re: Panels in Xfce4 in Squeeze

On Mon,25.May.09, 17:32:21, Peter Crawford wrote:

> At Mon, 25 May 2009 20:31:18 +0300
> andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote,
> > What do you mean by "yields nothing".
>
> Normally
> Desktop menu -> Applications ->  Settings ->  Panel
> would yield a Xfce viewer for configuring the panels.
> Now this does not appear.

Does it appear when you run xfce4-panel from the commandline?

> > ...  have you tried to run the panel from console?
> > ie.
> > $ xfce4-panel
>
> Good idea.  That gives a system tray until
> the invoking terminal is closed.  So the
> system is capable of making system tray.

You can always append a '&' or just try

xfce4-panel --restart

and then save your session. Do you still have it if you restart xfce4?

> Will also try adding a test user and resetting my user configuration.

I think for some reason the panel crashed and you saved your session
without it. If I'm correct the above steps will take care of it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)