Re: Using terminal output as input

Title: Re: Using terminal output as input

Chris Jones wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 04:13:16PM EDT, Barclay, Daniel wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> Are you asking about manually selecting part of the output of a
>> command(s) and using it to assemble another command (as opposed to
>> piping the whole output from one command into another)?
>
> That's pretty much how I understood it, although I disagree with the "as
> opposed to".. I don't see an "opposition"... more of an extension to the
> traditional pipe.

How do you disagree that manually copying and pasting command output vs.
vs. piping complete, unseen command output are very different?

(Or are you just familiar with "as opposed to" used to mean "as distinguished
from?)

(http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/as+opposed+to,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/as+opposed+to, sense #3; etc.)

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]