Re: Using terminal output as input

> Like you said, it does require foreknowledge of the output. So there is
> no way to make a one-size-fits-all solution, be it a command-line trick
> or a program.
>
> If you told us exactly what you want to achieve, we might be able to
> help you better.

I just want to know in a very general sense how to use the output of
commands without typing them in manually. It seemed to me that as *nix
was developed for the CLI interface (with GUIs coming around only
years later) that this would be possible.

I do not have a specific task at hand.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com