Re: Current WM - Lenny

Miguel Obliviemo wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

On 12 May 2009, at 08:02, Miguel Obliviemo <miggle@view.net.au> wrote:

What is Lenny's default window manager?

How do I configure gdm to use a different one?

I may be completely wrong here, but I *think* it's xfce4. To change

I wanted to know that so I could kill it in an xterm and run another,
but that wouldn't be a permanent setup, the normal way of starting a
WM.

it, install a new one (e.g # aptitude install openbox), and when you
login choose it from Options > Sessions. You'll then be asked if you
wish to make whatever

Okay, but I'm a slow learner. I guess you mean ... > Options >
Sessions.  My top-level menus are Applications, Places, System.  So
maybe ... is one of them, but I don't seem to be able to find Options
under any of them.

Regards...

You are referring to the GNOME Desktop menu bar. Before you get to GNOME, you must log in. The "session" choice is at that screen---*before* you log in.

Mark Allums