Re: Current WM - Lenny

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

On 12 May 2009, at 08:02, Miguel Obliviemo <miggle@view.net.au> wrote:

What is Lenny's default window manager?

How do I configure gdm to use a different one?

I may be completely wrong here, but I *think* it's xfce4. To change

I wanted to know that so I could kill it in an xterm and run another,
but that wouldn't be a permanent setup, the normal way of starting a
WM.

it, install a new one (e.g # aptitude install openbox), and when you
login choose it from Options > Sessions. You'll then be asked if you
wish to make whatever

Okay, but I'm a slow learner. I guess you mean ... > Options >
Sessions.  My top-level menus are Applications, Places, System.  So
maybe ... is one of them, but I don't seem to be able to find Options
under any of them.

Regards...

--
Miguel