Re: Current WM - Lenny

Miguel Obliviemo:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:
>> On 12 May 2009, at 08:02, Miguel Obliviemo <miggle@view.net.au> wrote:
>>> What is Lenny's default window manager?
>>> How do I configure gdm to use a different one?
>> I may be completely wrong here, but I *think* it's xfce4. To change
> I wanted to know that so I could kill it in an xterm and run another,
> but that wouldn't be a permanent setup, the normal way of starting a
> WM.

Do you want to run another window manager *inside Gnome*? Then you need
to kill metacity and directly afterwards start your preferred window
manager: pkill metacity && openbox.

A better solution would be if your WM had a command line option like
'--replace'. Then it kills the currently running WM for you.

Whenever I hear the word 'art' I reach for my visa card.
[Agree]   [Disagree]