Re: Where/What's the xorg configurator?

On 2009/04/23 23:52 (GMT+0100) thveillon.debian composed:

> Felix Miata a écrit :

>> I really don't understand Debian including X all the way down in runlevel 2
>> either. What's the point of having a bunch of runlevels and running only on
>> either of only 2?

> I don't find it less rational to use runlevels 1 and 2
> rather than 3 and 5 like in OpenSuse... And there's a "single" or
> "recovery" entry in the grub menu too.

My question was quite serious, and not just about a simple way to not start X
on boot. 2 in Debian is everything. 2 in non-debian distros is multiuser
instead of single. 3 adds full networking. 5 adds X. Why is it "good" that
most debians lump all those functions together?
--
"He who works his land will have abundant food, but the
one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/