Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

> debiantutorials.org is 4 years old, the "blog" aspect is new for new Debian users to
> write about their experiences.

The site may have been available, but it was unknown until now.

> I'm hearing a lot that the web is already saturated with Debian documentation, and
> you may be right.  There are many, many sites out there with related information.
> Mine, too.  However my site is completely different than all of them.  It's very
> easy to see, as well.

How is it different? Serious question, not trolling. If it has
something new to offer that the current sites cannot provide, then I
am sure that the community would welcome it.

> Where else but here to ask for assistance?  I don't know, but to be honest I didn't
> expect such a negative reaction.

You did not get a negative reaction! Everyone has applauded your
efforts, and some have made suggestions, however, it has been said
that your efforts would be better gone into improving the current
documentation instead of spreading it out further.

> Thanks for all the input.  I won't bother the list with this again.

A good way to introduce the site to the list would be to answer
questions with links to your site. Such as, when a user asks how to
install MythTV on Debian, you could provide him with a link to the
page of your site that explains how to do just that.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il