Re: Blank TTYs using the nvidia binary driver

Steve Kreyer wrote:
Hi *,

thank you all for your help on this issue. With Justins advice on the nvnews forum thread I was able to fix it using the

Glad it helped. This bug has been around for a /long/ time, and it seems the fix is different for a lot of people.

In my case, I narrowed it down to the PCIe video card in this laptop I'm using now as I didn't see this problem on an old AGP based system, nor do I see it on the Myth system I've got in the living room.

 $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/options
 options nvidia NVreg_UseVBios=0

Heh, I guess I should try this as well. It wasn't given as an option last I looked into this, and I just grumbled about it and learned to deal with it.