Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

Reply to: cjns1989@gmail.com
Original Message Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:45:33 -0400
RE: Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood   [See Original Message Below]

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:45:33 -0400  cjns1989@gmail.com wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 01:52:05PM EDT, Michael Pobega wrote:

debiantutorials.org is 4 years old, the "blog" aspect is new for new Debian users to
write about their experiences.

>No such word in the English language.
>
>You mean "germane".

D'oh!  Yes, I do.

>> > I'd rather not spread resources all over the net. If I'd have time
>> > to write new stuff I'd put it on wiki.debian.org (or help maintain
>> > existing content).
>
>> I completely agree - I think one of the main problems with GNU/Linux
>> documentation (and Debian in particular) is that it's so spread among
>> different places;
>
>> [0] the Debian Wiki (http://wiki.debian.org)
>> [1] Debian Documentation (http://debian.org/doc/)
>> [2] Debian Help (http://www.debianhelp.org/)
>> [3] Debian Forums (recently deceased, http://forums.debian.net)
>> [4] Debian Administration (http://www.debian-administration.org/)
>>
>> Do we really need another source of "information"?
>
>No we don't. Far too many already.
>
>If [1] above says white and [2] says light-gray, who is the lowly user
>to trust...?
>
>None.
>
>CJ

I'm hearing a lot that the web is already saturated with Debian documentation, and
you may be right.  There are many, many sites out there with related information.
Mine, too.  However my site is completely different than all of them.  It's very
easy to see, as well.

Where else but here to ask for assistance?  I don't know, but to be honest I didn't
expect such a negative reaction.

Thanks for all the input.  I won't bother the list with this again.

Happy Computing

--machiner