Re: Windows Partition Cloning under Linux

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:37:44 +0200, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:

>>> Is there any good solution to clone Windows Partitions under Linux?
>> have a look at "ntfsclone" . . .

Thanks. looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

> Do realise that cloning Windows partition often leads to an unbootable
> system due to MS copy protection.

Yeah, that's VERY annoying. I use Ghost to create an image from my
Vmware, and ghost back to real HD, but it is not bootable. -- got the
blue screen.

> You still need a CD with the "rescue"
> option to get your Windows working again. At least, that is my
> experience messing around with Windows partitions...

and "rescue" didn't work for above case.

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/