Re: Windows Partition Cloning under Linux

T o n g a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is there any good solution to clone Windows Partitions under Linux?
>
> Most people would recommend Partimage, but I think it is practically
> useless since the source/dest partition size has to be exactly the same.
> http://www.partimage.org/Partimage-
> FAQ#Can_I_restore_it_to_a_smaller_or_bigger_partition_.3F
>
> Please help.
>
> thanks

Hi,
have a look at "ntfsclone" (if you're not on fat of course...). Utility
live-cd's often include it, like Clonezilla, System Rescue CD,
PartedMagic... Or from a Debian system.
But I am not sure that you will be able to restore to a smaller
partition. Maybe shrinking the original partition is a better option.

Tom