Re: Windows Partition Cloning under Linux

thveillon.debian schreef:
> T o n g a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any good solution to clone Windows Partitions under Linux?
> have a look at "ntfsclone" (if you're not on fat of course...). Utility
> live-cd's often include it, like Clonezilla, System Rescue CD,
> PartedMagic... Or from a Debian system.
> But I am not sure that you will be able to restore to a smaller
> partition. Maybe shrinking the original partition is a better option.
Do realise that cloning Windows partition often leads to an unbootable
system due to MS copy protection. You still need a CD with the "rescue"
option to get your Windows working again. At least, that is my
experience messing around with Windows partitions...

Sjoerd