Japanese write

I'm new to Debian (not to the *nix community) and have been looking
around for answers to my question. The stuff I've found a years old
and not doesn't seem to fit my needs. I apologize if I've overlooked
something obvious.

My wife is Japanese and would like to be able to not only read but
write in Japanese. I only read English. Ideally, what I want is to be
able to toggle between English and Japanese, so she could just run a
script that would temporarily enable Japanese writing abilities.

I'm using 5.0.1 w/KDE.

What do you think?

--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com