Re: presentation programs on GNU/Linux

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 07:03 +0530, Girish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering after a recent seminar about what presentation program
> people prefer on Linux systems.  I am really looking for suggestions
> to improve my own presentations.
>
> I use Beamer, which provides all the typographical beauty of LaTeX.
> But it is primitive when it comes to visual aids -- animations are
> hard and there is lack of freedom in placing elements on a slide.

I recommend that you keep on using Beamer, because it somehow forces you to
design slides that are comprehensible, visually appealing and have a good
structure.

I prefer to use Impressive [1] (formerly Keyjnote) to present my slides,
because it lets me highlight parts of a slide, or switch between them *while i
am giving the talk* in ways i can hardly foresee when i am designing my
slides.

kind regards

    Wolodja

[1] http://impressive.sourceforge.net/