Re: presentation programs on GNU/Linux

Thanks for the replies, Sebastian and Wolodja.

2009/4/17 Sebastian Günther wrote:
> Slides are to support your talk, which means: put the basic facts on
> them. And visual aid which is anything more than a picture, won't
> help.  Especially if you want to hand out the slides on paper...

Right.  And this why I prefer Beamer to OO Impress.  But the fact
stands that creating some kinds of slide is hard.  Embedded videos and
animations are an example, which help immensely in my astrophysics
related presentations.

2009/4/17 Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> I prefer to use Impressive [1] (formerly Keyjnote) to present my
> slides, because it lets me highlight parts of a slide, or switch
> between them *while i am giving the talk* in ways i can hardly
> foresee when i am designing my slides.

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll give this a try.

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com