Re: new xorg working except for screen resolution

On Fri,17.Apr.09, 01:45:38, Paul Scott wrote:

>> please post /var/log/X0rg.0.log
>
> Attached.

From what I can tell, Xorg doesn't recognize your monitor. You are
either using a quite old monitor, or the EDID information doesn't get
through (did you check the cables?).

If this is really an old monitor then the only chance is to configure it
by hand in xorg.conf. I'd say you need  HorizSync, VertRefresh and
DisplaySize (to get a correct DPI instead of the default 96).

You might also need a Modes entry in the Display section, to declare the
modes you want to use (ex. 1600x1200).

HTH,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)