Re: presentation programs on GNU/Linux

* Girish Kulkarni (girish@hri.res.in) [17.04.09 03:34]:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I use Beamer, which provides all the typographical beauty of LaTeX.
> But it is primitive when it comes to visual aids -- animations are
> hard and there is lack of freedom in placing elements on a slide.

It does that on purpose:
Any mindnumbing animation is just a distractor from lacking content.

Slides are to support your talk, which means: put the basic facts on
them. And visual aid which is anything more than a picture, won't help.
Especially if you want to hand out the slides on paper...

> Any comments will help.
>
> Thanks,
> Girish.

Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "  |   _   ASCII ribbon campaign
                              Karl Marx  |  ( )   against HTML e-mail